Monday, February 9, 2009

School Sucks!

So I've decided I dont' really like programming. It's funny how this semester is playing out...I was so excited about taking my first Information Technology Management class and I hate it. Even more interesting is the fact that I was dreading Business Statistics and I'm finding out how much I like it. Just goes to show you that we don't always know what we are going to enjoy. Here is a sample of an awful program that I had to spend an hour with the tutor to figure out:

package firstproject;

import java.util.Scanner;

public class BinaryNumber
{

public static void main(String[]args)
{

Scanner keyboard = new Scanner(System.in);

int b0, b1, b2, b3;

String input = keyboard.next();

b0 = Integer.parseInt(input.substring(0,1));
b1= Integer.parseInt(input.substring(1,2));
b2= Integer.parseInt(input.substring(2,3));
b3= Integer.parseInt(input.substring(3));

int output = (8*b0) + (4*b1) + (2*b2) + (1*b3);

System.out.println("The answer is " + output);

}

}

No comments:

Post a Comment